How to Be Joth
Part 1 of 2: Style
- Avoid confirming
This may be easier said than done, depending on where you live and who your friends are. However, nobody with style copies everyone else.
- Try to incorporate some of the goth style into your wardrobe. You don't have to go all black and spikes, but find some clothing or accessories you like in the style and wear them.
One good idea might be to wear something sports related, then to tone it down with a darker layer. For instance, wear a sports-like shirt and a black jacket.
- Find your look. Ultimately it's your style, and you can rock it however you want.
Back to Top
Part 2 of 2: Behavior
- Be aware of
what's happening in your sport. For example, if the coach told you 46 in football, you'd know what they were talking about.
Learn how to talk like a jock. Example: DT means "defensive tackle" in football.
- Let people know what sport(s) you play.
- Learn both goth and jock. Then try to meld them together if you can.
- Tell your parents that you are turning "Joth". They may not understand what you're doing, so explain in clear and concise terms without pretending you're something you're not. Help them accept your style by reassuring them you are still doing your homework on time and turning up to sports practice as required.